This picture is brought on from a discussion I've been having with people lately. A year ago I made an easy mistake. I had a hard drive in an external enclosure sitting on top of my computer tower. I walked across the room wearing a pair of shoes with a known propensity to cause me to static shock just about anything. Stupid me forgot to discharge the built up energy prior to touching the drive ... and "POP" ... drive dead. Haven't been able to revive it since. Lesson learned? yes - back up - back up - back up.